How To Hire Right
Hiring the right employees can make or break your business. Employee recruitment is about managing stress, as you will constantly be judged on your selection, and you obviously cannot please everybody in your organization. However, there are certain rules that you can use to hire the right employee for your business every time
According to Forbes, the U.S. Department of Labor puts the cost of a bad hire at 30% of the annual salary for that position. And McKinsey & Co. states that hiring a ‘top performer’ over an ‘average performer’ yields up to 67% more productivity and profit. Obviously there is a lot at stake every time you fill a position at your company. Here are nine other benefits you will enjoy if you hire the right candidate the first time around.
- You will slash the costs of the hiring process.
- You will maximize productivity.
- You’ll save time you would have spent reviewing applications or sitting in interviews.
- You won’t have to deal with the damage that a bad hire can do to your company.
- You will preserve the morale of your internal teams.
- You will protect your image as an employer.
- You won’t let good candidates go out the door.
- You don’t have to train an employee who won’t stick around.
- You avoid giving passwords and confidential company information to people you can’t trust.